ABOUT PSG TECH:
PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, ISO 9001:2015 certified, established in the year 1951 is an AICTE approved Institution affliated to Anna University. Many of our programmes have been accredited by NBA(National Board of Accreditation). Sedulous progress has been the hallmark of PSG TECH. The College has been in the vanguard of innovation in technical education, and over the years has taken giant strides and transformed itself into a prestigious centre for advanced studies.
- 7 th rank among the Best Private Engineering colleges in India(India Today)
- 44 th rank among the Engineering institutions in India(NIRF)
- Institution is accredited by NAAC with 'A' Grade
The College today has a student strength of more than 8000 with 15 Engineering and Technology departments besides the Computer Applications, Management Sciences, Basic Sciences and Humanities departments. More than 500 research scholars are pursuing research programmes leading to Ph D / MS / M Tech degrees and the college is a recognized QIP centre for Postgraduate and Ph D programmes.
The college has been the recipient of several prestigious projects and International funding support. The college was conferred the AUTONOMOUS STATUS by the University of Madras in the academic year 1978-79, which is continued by the Bharathiar University and subsequently by Anna University. The college has signed MoU with research organizations and industries in order to promote closer interaction with other institutions in the areas of technology development training of students, curriculum updating and development of state-of- art centres.
AICTE has awarded PSG TECH as BEST OVERALL INDUSTRY - LINKED ENGINEERING COLLEGE FOR MECHANICAL IN 2012 ECE IN 2013 TEXTILE IN 2015
- Mylswamy Annadurai, Director of Chandrayaan-1 and Chandrayaan-2, ISRO
- Shiv Nadar, Chairman and CSO of HCL Technologies
- Cottalango Leon, Winner of Academy Award
- K. Pandiarajan, founder Director of Mafoi Consultants
- Anand Chandrasekaran, Former Director of platforms and products - Facebook
- Y. S. Chowdary, Rajya Sabha Member, Former Minister of State, Science and Technology & Earth Sciences, Government of India
- Sundaram Karivardhan, Industrialist and Motorsport pioneer
- G. Ramakrishnan, Professor, Indian Institute of Science
- Sundar Raman, Cricket Administrator
- C Vijayakumar, CEO, HCL Technologies
KRIYA - the brain child of the Students Union is the conglomeration of the erudite brains
across the Indian heartland. It is the biggest conflux of students, industry and academia for a
thoroughly enriching experience. Be it the video conferencing from the reverend professors of
MIT, NASA, Nobel Laureates or the guest lecture from industry stalwarts or eminent
personalities around the country, Kriya has it.
A brief history of its previous versions,
- Guest lecture by Mr. Jimmy Wales, Founder of Wikipedia
- Guest lecture by Mr. Mylsamy Annadurai, Project Director, then for Chandrayaan-I
- Video Conference by Dr. John C Mather, Nobel Laureate, Physics – 2006
- Video Conference by Dr. Alan A Watson, Prop Vice Chancellor, Leeds University
- Video Conference by Ms. Sabrina Singh, Bio-mechanist, NASA
- Video Conference by Mr. Nat.Gopalaswamy, NASA
- Video Conference by Mr. Cottalango Leon, Academy Award Winner, 2016
- Video Conference by Prof.Raj Rajkumar, George Westinghouse Professor,Carnegie Mellon University